Located in the mountains of Northern Arizona at 7,000 feet, Flagstaff offers visitors a variety of activities and experiences throughout all four seasons.
Home to the nation’s largest ponderosa pine forest and often known for being the gateway to the grand canyon, Flagstaff is a natural wonder like no other, and the perfect city to bring your furry friend.
Rooted in rich history, natural beauty, and college town flair, Flagstaff provides visitors with a unique mix of culture, art, food, and of course, the great outdoors. If you’ve chosen Flagstaff as your next travel destination, the good news is that pet-friendly hotels are abundant.
Here are 7 of the best pet-friendly hotels for your next trip to Flagstaff with your pooch.
1. High Country Motor Lodge
Why you should stay: Retro vibes and star-gazing.
- Pet Fees: $100 per stay
- Pet Policies: Up to 2 dogs per room allowed with a max combined weight of 75 lbs., or 50 lbs. for 1 dog, review pet policies and fill out pet form prior to arrival
- Pet Amenities: Pet exercise area walking distance away; pet-sitting, grooming, and walking service recommendations available upon request
Featuring a Nordic Spa Experience, pool, communal lawn, vibey eatery, and the perfect backdrop to star-gaze, this is the ideal place to relax and reconnect after a day of exploration.
Explore the famed Horseshoe Bend and Arizona Trail, or check out some of the hotel’s curated list of pet-friendly activities, eateries, and experiences in and around Flagstaff for the ultimate Arizona experience.
Related read: 10 Best Hotels in Flagstaff for Every Traveler
2. Residence Inn Flagstaff by Marriott
Why you should stay: Apartment-style stay in downtown.
- Pet Fees: $100 per stay
- Pet Policies: 2 pets allowed per stay
Located in the heart of downtown Flagstaff, Residence Inn by Marriott provides a home away from home with spacious apartment-style suites. Equipped with kitchens, ample workspace, and great amenities, you and your canine companion will feel right at home while exploring all the things to do in Flagstaff.
Just steps from the hotel, there’s an abundance of shops, restaurants, and breweries to indulge in, many with outdoor patios perfect for bringing your pup along. For the active traveler, take advantage of the hotel’s mapped running routes and explore the city on foot with your canine companion.
3. Drury Inn and Suites Flagstaff
Why you should stay: easy NAU campus visits.
- Pet Fees: $40 per stay
- Pet Policies: Up to 2 dogs or cats allowed with a total combined weight of 80 lbs. max, not allowed in public areas of the hotel
- Pet Amenities: dog waste bags provided
Located on the campus of North Arizona University, Drury Inn and Suites is an ideal stay for alumni, fans, or families of students — canine kids included. Its convenient location allows easy access both to downtown Flagstaff and the city’s surrounding areas and attractions.
While the location is great, the hospitable staff and extra amenities reign supreme. After a day of adventure with your four-legged friend, make it back in time for evening kickbacks featuring complimentary wine and snacks. When your pup needs to stretch its legs, nearby Colton Park or Thorpe Bark Park offers the perfect patch of grass.
Related read: 12 Best Camping Spots Near Flagstaff, Arizona
4. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff
Why you should stay: The famed on-site restaurant.
- Pet Fees: $50 per pet per stay
- Pet Policies: Max weight 30 lbs.
Right off Route 66, Flagstaff Doubletree is your jumping-off point for exploring all the natural beauty Arizona has to offer. Surrounded by a vast wooded area, your four-legged friend will always have a place nearby to sniff out or do his business in.
Equipped with modern amenities, a seasonal outdoor pool, and an on-site Japanese eatery that Food and Wine Magazine once named one of the best restaurants in the Southwest, you’re bound to have a great stay while in Flagstaff.
5. Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff
Why you should stay: A homey extended stay.
- Pet Fees: $75 for stays up to 7 nights, 7+ nights an additional $25 per week applies
- Pet Policies: Up to two pets per room allowed, no weight or breed restrictions
- Pet Amenities: Bowls, waterproof mats, and treats provided at check-in
For those that plan to spend more time exploring Flagstaff and all the natural wonders of Northern Arizona, Sonesta Es Suites is the perfect refuge. Offering long-term stays in their comfortable, fully-equipped suites fitted with modern amenities, you and your fur baby will feel like part of the family.
Just off Route 66, you’ll be just a short drive away from a plethora of pet-friendly activities for you and your four-legged friend to partake in. Stroll the historic downtown, hike one of Flagstaff’s best trails, or visit one of many attractions in the region.
Related read: 10 Best Flagstaff Cabin Rentals to Escape to This Year
6. Springhill Suites by Marriott Flagstaff
Why you should stay: Proximity to NAU.
- Pet Fees: $75 per stay
- Pet Policies: 1 pet up to 75 lbs. allowed
Located at the crossroads of I-40 and I-17, Springhill Suites is one of the best hotels near NAU and is in close proximity to all of Flagstaff’s best sites and experiences — not to mention it’s also one of the most pet-friendly hotels in the area.
After a day of exploring Flagstaff and its surrounding areas, find comfort in one of the spacious suites, unwind in the heated pool, finish off a bit of work in the business center, or get a workout in at the fitness center.
7. Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff
Why you should stay: Convenient central location.
- Pet Fees: $50 for 1-4 night stays, $75 for 5+ nights
- Pet Policies: 2 pets allowed
Conveniently located off I-17 and I-40 just outside downtown, Hilton Garden Inn is the perfect base for exploring both the city and all the area’s premiere attractions, including Grand Canyon National Park, historic Route 66, and the Painted Desert.
Just a short drive away, Riordan Mansion State Historic Park is the perfect place for your canine companion to stretch his legs. While your pup isn’t allowed inside the buildings, they are free to explore the grounds on a leash.
After a long day of discovering all the natural wonders of Arizona, find peace and relaxation in a cozy, spacious room equipped with all the amenities you and your furry friend will need for a comfortable stay.
Related read: 12 Epic Outdoor Summer Vacation Spots in the U.S.
Dog-Friendly Activities in Flagstaff
Take advantage of some of the best pet-friendly activities while delving into the eccentric culture and natural beauty of Flagstaff.
- For the social pup, take them to Thorpe Bark Park, one of the best off-leash dog parks in the city.
- Go for an adventure on one of the city’s many dog-friendly hiking trails like Fat Man’s Loop or explore Buffalo Park or Fort Tuthill County Park.
- Stroll through historic downtown where most shops and establishments will greet your pup with a bowl of fresh water and even a treat.
More Pet-Friendly Stays
- 9 Beautiful Pet-Friendly Cabins in Flagstaff, Arizona
- 10 Unique Pet-Friendly Cabins in Arizona
- 11 Cozy Pet-Friendly Cabins in Colorado
- 9 Charming Pet-Friendly Cabins in Lake Tahoe
Doggy Check In is reader-supported and may earn a commission when you book or purchase using our links.